Meet the Team
Safework Laboratories is extremely proud of its highly trained and professional personnel who are dedicated to providing an outstanding collection and laboratory service to our clients throughout Australia.
Our key personnel are listed below:
Mal Beacham – BAppSci, GradDipSci, MBA – Managing Director
- Founder and Director of Safework Laboratories; brings more than 25 years’ experience in laboratories both in Australia and overseas.
- Accomplished track record in Vic, WA, NSW and Qld in commercial laboratory organisation, development and growth.
- Management positions in pathology since 2000. Senior management with Healthscope Pathology from 2006 to 2011.
Belinda Carlisle – National Sales Director
- More than 15 years of sales and management experience on both the East and West coast of Australia.
- Significant in depth experience in administering key executive accounts.
- Exceptional product knowledge with clients, providing the very highest level of support and service to our Australia wide customer base.
Rob Conner – B Comm – IT Director
- 26 years’ experience in creating, developing and maintaining a Laboratory Information System for Davies Campbell de Lambert Pathology.
- IT infrastructure development and maintenance for DCdeL.
- Contract negotiation and account management of key IT related vendors.
Andrew Leibie BAppSci, GradDipMktg – National Marketing Director
- More than 20 years’ experience as both an analytical scientist and a strategic market expert in workplace drug testing.
- Extensive international experience in point of care Toxicology, principally in SE and North Asia, India and the Middle East.
- Widely cited print and electronic media expert commentator on drug trends and Toxicology in society.
- Published papers and numerous national and international presentations on point of care Toxicology.
Matthew Holt – National Operations Manager
- More than 10 years of sales and management experience both in Australia and the UK.
- Previously worked with international provider Alere Toxicology.
- Extensive and successful track record in achieving substantial growth within key accounts and internal business units.
Dr Phil Tynan – BScHons, BMed, FRCPA (Fellowship granted 1996) – National Chief Toxicologist
- Previous roles:
- Director of Biochemistry Hunter Area Pathology Service & HAPS Toxicology Department.
- Director of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology for Sydney Diagnostic Services.
- Director of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology for Healthscope Pathology.
- Retired Clinical Biochemist.
- Peer reviewed Principal Papers & Patents of industry relevance.
- SWL Expert Witness.
- Consultant Toxicologist.
Angelina Crabtree – BSc. – Quality Manager
- 15+ years experience working in pathology laboratories within Australia and the UK
- External quality auditor for National Association of Testing Laboratories (NATA)
- Laboratory accreditation compliance to ISO 15189, AS/NZS 4308 and AS 4760
- Management and configuration of laboratory based IT systems (LIMS)
Tyren Edwards – BSc. – National Chief Scientist (Perth)
- Worked as the Senior Scientist in the Toxicology Department of Primary Health WA from 2000 to 2012.
- Extensive experience with MS analysers and has wide industry knowledge and contacts.
- Published, peer-reviewed and recognised studies in the field of Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Court testimony on multiple occasions.
Alp Bekensir – BAppSc, (Organic Chemistry) – Chief Scientist (Brisbane)
- 9 years’ experience in the chemical industry, including 6 years AS/NZS 4308:2008 – AS 4760:2006 accredited toxicology laboratories.
- Primarily involved in method development for Drugs of Abuse in hair and successfully obtained NATA (SoHT) accreditation in Australia.
- 9 years’ experience in analytical method development using LC/MS/MS in Australia and overseas.
- Internationally recognised articles on synthesis of novel organic compounds for chemical industry around the world.
Nathan Brown – BScHons – Chief Scientist (Melbourne)
- Nathan has over 12 years’ experience in the Pathology industry, the last 8 in AS 4308:2008 Accredited Toxicology Laboratories.
- With 6 years’ experience in Analytical Method Development using LC/LCMSMS.
- He also has experience giving expert testimony defending medico-legal analytical results.